Saturday, October 10, 2009

10 Months!!!

Hannah turned 10 months on the 10th day of October (10th month of the year), crazy! Anyway
I can't believe my little Hanner is gonna be 1 year in just 2 months!!
Well this has been a busy month for the little one. She is still VERY active, always moving, exploring, never wants to sit still, not even for a quick diaper change. You have to literally pin her down to get her dressed. She is nonstop from the moment she wakes up.

THE BIG news is that Hannah took her first step on 9/21!! I was so happy to have been there to see her take her first leap of faith!! She fell right away, but got right back up and tried again. She takes up to 4 steps, then falls right on her face or tush, but she is trying. She also realizes she gets places faster crawling, so sometimes she is not too interested in walking. I am so ready for her to be walking. Her poor little knees are getting rough from crawling. I think by the end of the month she will be walking. At least I hope so.
She has finally mastered saying Mama!! She usually says it when she's eating, so I think she is trying to tell me "more Mama".
LOTS of noises come out of her mouth, and screams. She is trying to form words. She's almost got book and ball down. We are working on them. Language came so easy for Gracie, she was talking actual words at 8 months, Hannah is more interested in moving and trying to walk. I love how God makes them different. How boring would that be if they all were the same??
Hannah's personality is really starting to shine through this month, and boy is she a feisty one. If Gracie or I take away something she is playing with or not supposed to be playing with, she screams and waves her arms up and down. Just the other day she was holding a fork and eating her peaches, so I decided to show her how to use the fork, OH DEAR, she wanted nothing of the sort. The look she gave me said, "Don't touch my fork!" along with the scream she gave me. I realized right then that this child might be challenging in years to come. All I can do is pray, for her and me. Don't get me wrong, she still is very smiley, happy and so sweet, just starting to test her limits, a little earlier than expected.
Hannah is still a bottomless pit. She eats anything you put in front of her. She does not like to be fed anymore, she likes to do it herself. Sometimes I can get her to take some applesauce or yogurt from me, but she is totally eating just table food now. I hope she is getting enough, seems like half of it ends up on the floor and the dogs just eat it. (the best part of having the dogs) She has also figured out how to feed the dogs and gets a giggle out of that. The dogs just love mealtimes. Hannah's favorite food at the moment are cut up peaches in those togo cups. Blueberries are probably her favorite, but I can't find any around at the moment. Anyway, when I bring those peaches out of the pantry she just stares at them, saying Mama Mama Mama, and inhales them when I put them on the table.
Hannah still has no teeth, but I think the bottom two are coming in at the same time, and will be here soon.
Lastly,Hannah has also learned some new tricks this month. She can give high-five and wave hi and bye-bye. SO FUN watching her learn and grow. Thank you Lord for my little girls!!!

Hannah trying to walk
pretty girl
Playing with her cousin Connor
Love this picture!
10 months today! Too bad my finger was in the way of the flash.

Mama left the yogurt a little too close.

1 comments:

Megan said...

ssooo cute!! I can't believe she is almost 1!!! Where does time go, seriously!?